Friday, May 30, 2014

My favorite sound in the world


Laughter is one of the greatest sounds in the world. The deep laugh that causes your muscles to ache. It can help lighten moods and break the tension. Laughter can make all your troubles disappear even for a moment. After a good laugh, you forget your bills, your worries and the troubles of the world. Laughter is universal. It is a mechanism that every culture in the world has. Laughter helps increase blood flow, reduce stress hormones, release endorphins and help relieve physical pain. It has been discovered as truly the best medicine. Even the some of the darkest movies have moments of laughter.


My most favorite sound in the world is laughter. I love my daughter’s laughter. I wish I could record it and post it. She has so many different laughs and each one brings a smile to my face. She has a laugh when she cracks up. You know the one where you throw yourself back and then forward, slapping your knee. She does that! Especially when we’ve figured out what she’s trying to say. She has a laugh when she knows that she’s about to get in trouble and she laughs hopeful to divert your anger and you’ll forget her punishment. It’s moments like that that I have a hard time keeping a straight face. Even through my darkest moments, my daughter’s laughter can help me smile through my tears. It’s like she can almost read my mood and know that mommy needs a pick me up.


I love hearing people laugh. Laughter helps make the world right even if it’s just for a few moments. My best childhood memories are family gathered around a table or a campfire laughing at family stories. Laughter has help me through my darkest moments. When I’m feeling depressed or upset, I just put on my favorite comedy shows. “Friends” or “The Big Bang Theory” works great for me, even though I’ve seen the episodes countless times.



What are your favorite sounds? What sounds can lift your spirits and help you feel like you don’t have a care in the world? 

No comments:

Post a Comment