Saturday, August 8, 2015

Celebrating Happiness Happens Day

Today is Happiness Happens Day which was founded in 1999 and organized by the Secret Society of Happy People as “Admit You’re Happy Day.” The organization set out to celebrate the expression of happiness and help others recognize the happy moments in their daily lives. The mottos of today are “Happiness Happens” and “Don’t Even Think of Raining on My Parade.” I began thinking about the happy moments in my life. I chose my Top 5 things that I am happy for:




1. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ: I feel His presence and guidance in my daily life. He blesses my family with the means to keep a roof over our heads, food on our tables, and other needs. He gives me hope in times of darkness and rejoices with me in times of joy. He is my Rock and has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams.

2. My husband, Joe: He is a loving husband and father who works hard to provide his family with whatever we may need and want. While we may not have the latest and greatest, he is also a kid at heart and he knows how to enjoy the little things in life. He is everything I hoped for. We are truly partners in our life together. He values my opinions and we work well together. I love him more every day and I don’t want to imagine my life without him.

3. My children: Abby is an amazing little girl who astonishes me every day with how much she knows and is learning. She picks up new skills and explores her imagination. My angels, AJ and Ziva, are never far from my mind and while their loss has been dark periods in my life. I have found a way to honor their memories by helping others. While I hope and pray for more children in the future, right now I’m the proud mommy of two angels and one rainbow.

4. My wonderful family: I have an amazing family who helps, support and encourages me in times of trouble and times of celebration. We have our own lives but we come together when it matters. I also want to express my gratitude to my in-laws who have truly accepted me in their family and I truly feel bless to call them uncles, aunts, and cousins.

5. My books and my writing: I know it sounds silly but I’m happy when I’m reading. I love a good book. I love settling in my favorite chair and diving into the story which I can live in another place and time for a few hours. I’m happy when writing. Even as I write this, my brain is working hard to craft beautiful and meaningful words and I’m happy at the finished piece. If I’m not happy with it, I will put it aside to work on later, in the hopes that inspiration will come with time.



People often say, “I’ll be happy when____” Happiness is not the destination. It’s a part of the journey. There will be times of sadness and other negative emotions but it doesn’t mean there isn’t happiness there too. Sadness helps you recognize the happiness in the future. I chose to find the happy moments every day. Even when life has me stressed, worried and sad, I find the silver lining in every situation. What can you feel happy about in your daily life? If you were to list the things which make you truly happy, you’ll find you have a lot more to be happy about then you knew before.  

No comments:

Post a Comment