Monday, September 28, 2015

The Lifeboat: a story of life and death and survival

The Lifeboat by Charlotte Rogan is a story about a life and death situation. A lifeboat adrift at sea where plots and schemes are made. It leaves one women fighting for her life and freedom as she is on trial for murder.


The year is 1914 and the ship Empress Alexandra has left Europe with many of its passengers escaping the outbreak of World War I. A fire soon breaks out board the ship. Newlywed Grace Winter makes it aboard Lifeboat number 14 with crew member John Hardie and numerous other passengers. As each day passes on the lifeboat, tensions build and tempers flare as the chance of rescue get slimmer and slimmer. Mr. Hardie, who had taken charge, seems to have lost his mind and the others mutiny resulting in his death. When they are rescued, Grace and two other women are accused of first degree murder. What really happened aboard the lifeboat? Will Grace go free or be convicted?



I checked this book out of the library but had to force myself to sit down and read it because it was due to back soon. Once I started reading, I could not put it down. I was able to finish it in a few hours. The story was intriguing. I wanted to finish to see how Grace is recused and what events led to her being accused of murder. I can’t really say anymore because it would give away main points. I enjoyed this book and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a survival story with a twist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment