Thursday, February 14, 2019

The Dream Daughter: what will a mother do to protect her child?


The Dream Daughter by Diane Chamberlain is the story of one mother’s fight to save her unborn daughter. The story opens in 1965 where Caroline “Carly” Grant is an intern at a physical therapy facility where a mysterious man named Hunter Poole insists that she be his physical therapist. This man is strange and seems familiar with information that puzzles Carly. Fast forward to April 1970, Carly is a widowed pregnant woman who is being seen by her doctor. Her husband, Joe, has been killed in Vietnam and she is staying with her older sister, Patti and brother-in-law, Hunter. The doctor reveals that her baby has a serious heart defect and would not survive outside the womb. Soon she will hear a story from Hunter that will blow her mind and possibly give her baby a chance. Hunter is from the future and his idea will send Carly to the future to a time of medical advancements to save her unborn daughter. Will Carly take the chance? Will her baby survive? Will she be able to return home?


I received a copy of The Dream Daughter from NetGalley for my honest review. It took a while for me to be able to sit down and read but once I did, I could not put it down. From the open chapter to the last page, the story of Carly’s journey to save her baby gripped me that I couldn’t wait to see how it ended. It is a beautiful story with twists and turns. It wasn’t the story I was expecting, it was so much more. Just when you think you have it figured out, you found out that you don’t. My favorite line from the book, which sums up the story for me, is “The love of a mother could make a hero out of everyday woman.” I highly recommend The Dream Daughter!

The Dream Daughter
is available in all formats at all major booksellers

No comments:

Post a Comment