Friday, April 5, 2019

The Silent Order: when secrets can't stay secret forever


The Silent Order by Melanie Dobson is another title in her Legacy of Love series. Set during Prohibition, Detective Rollin Wells is determined the take down the Cardano crime family. After he and his partner are gunned down deep in the country of the Ohio Valley, he is nursed back to health by the Lehmans, an Amish family who have their own secrets to hide. Katie Lehman is trying to raise her son and doesn’t want the trouble that this outsider will bring. As Rollin continues to find evidence against the Cardano family, Katie struggles to keep her deepest, darkest secret hidden. Will Katie trust Rollin and finally reveal the truth? Will Rollin be able to bring down the family?


This is the second book I’ve read in the Legacy of Love series and once again it was a great book. I loved The Silent Order. It is an excellent story with lots of twists and turns. From the opening scene to the final chapter, the story held my attention that I didn’t want to put it down. I love a story in which I cannot reveal too much as it would spoil plot points. When Katie reveals the secrets she has been hiding, I can say I did not see it coming. Once again, Ms. Dobson’s historical details are spot on and I enjoyed seeing more of the Prohibition era than just Chicago or New York. The characters of the Cardano family were terrifying and I was afraid of the Cardano family and held my breath as Rollin got closer to a final showdown. I highly recommend The Silent Order!

The Silent Order
is available in eBook and paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment