Monday, February 3, 2014

Introducing myself!

My first blog! What to write about?
I’ll introduce myself. My name is Jennifer Lara. I’m happily married to my husband, Joe and we have a beautiful daughter, Abby. I’m a no fuss-no muss type of person. I see myself as a simple person with simple tastes. I enjoy books, movies and TV shows. I enjoy spending time with my family in the simplest ways, like watching football games or even watching games shows.  I love to learn. I’m a college graduate who graduated when the economy went bust and I found myself looking for jobs that I trained for but were no longer available. What to do? I scrambled for any job that was remotely related to my field of study and finding that I had the education but not the experience. I started to feel like a failure that I would never work in the field that I studied, especially when my fellow classmates were getting jobs in their fields.
So, I took a couple of years while I had my daughter and stayed at home with her. One day recently, it clicked! I love to write and write about anything and everything. I’m always writing character sketches, scenes and informative essays like I did in college. So why not post a blog? Then I thought who would read it? Then I remember a famous quote from Thomas Edison who said, “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”  Why give up before I start? If no one reads this blog at least it’s a great outlet for me to get my thoughts, opinions and observations out in the world. And maybe, just maybe someone will come across my work and like what they read. It takes just one reader to gain a thousand more.
I aim to be fair. I aim to investigate all sides of a topic before voicing an opinion. I intend to write about all topics in current events, entertainment, personal everyday occurrences and any others that might be interesting to write and to read about. My readers, I hope you find my blog informative as well as entertaining. I welcome your comments; however, if you are going to be vulgar, rude or disrespectful, your comments are not welcome.

Thank you for reading!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer! So great that you have started a blog to share your writing and your views, ideas. I look forward to reading. :)
    -April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer, When I read your short story several years ago. I told you I couldn't wait to read your first book. Well I am still waiting. :) Glad to see and read that you are doing something you really enjoy. Can't wait to read your first book!.

    ReplyDelete