Friday, June 27, 2014

Part 3: The long goodbye

One year later, she stood at the gravesite once again. She stands taller than she had before. A newer confidence held her head high. She reads the inscription and smiles. “Hi my loves. I’ve come to say goodbye. I will never understand how I lost you both but knowing you are together helps past the days until I can be reunited with you. Every day I have to learn how to say goodbye and I know it will take a lifetime. There’s no life for me here anymore that you are gone. Friends don’t know how to act around me so they no longer call or invite me places. I guess I understand that. I no longer fit in their world. They’ve found new friends with children their kids’ age. They have moved on and so must I. I know they still care for me but I’m a reminder that life doesn’t always work out like you hope and dream. I’m moving home to Mom’s. There’s a job opening there and it would be a fresh start that I know you would want me to take.”
She lays flowers down and lovingly caresses the granite. She got up, turning to walk away. At the office door, she sees the funeral director, she smiles and waves. He gives her a salute as if to say “I’ll take care of them.” She walks away with one final look at the gravestone. “Goodbye, my loves. I take your memory with me” she whispers as she turns around to start a new chapter in her life.
John Michael Harrison
March 3, 1988 - October 29, 2012
John Michael Harrison, Jr.
October 29, 2012
Father and Son together forever


Dedicated to all our loved ones who are gone but never forgotten! 

No comments:

Post a Comment