Saturday, August 30, 2014

Seedlings Fables from the Forest: a book with important lessons

Seedlings Fables from the Forest by C.D. Baker is a series of fables about trees. There are five stories which feature a different type of tree and each with a special lesson and Scripture which illustrates the lesson and questions to further the readers understanding of the lesson.


The first story features a blue spruce and the lesson of being thankful for what you have (Colossians 2:7). The second story is about a maple tree who was selfish (Ephesians 4:32). The third story is about a poplar is who too prideful (Philippians 2:3). The fourth story features an oak who was too lazy to work (Ephesians 4:2). And lastly, the fifth story and my favorite, features a beech who didn’t understand how each of us has our own talents (Romans 2:4).


I loved these fables. Each one written beautifully with an important lesson.  The pictures were beautiful and illustrated the actions of the story. When I requested to review this book, I was expecting a different kind of book. Seedlings Fables from the Forest took me by surprised and I thoroughly enjoyed reading the wonderful fables. I highly recommend this book for any family’s or classroom's library.
Seedlings Fables from the Forest is available on Amazon

in paperback for $8.99 or on the Kindle for $0.99

No comments:

Post a Comment