Monday, March 21, 2016

My favorite ways to spend a lazy afternoon

It’s a lazy afternoon. What to do? What to do? Some people keep themselves so busy that they will never have an afternoon empty with nothing to do. I say every now and then, everyone needs am afternoon where they can just sit back and do nothing important and do something completely frivolous. I’ve come up with my top 5 ways I love to spend a lazy afternoon. 


#5: Movie Marathons Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc etc. A lazy afternoon or day for that matter, is a great time to have a movie marathon. Just sit back and go on a wild adventure. The Star Wars saga from Episode 1 to Episode VI is a total of 791 minutes, roughly 13 hours of space adventures. Plus when you add the new episodes coming out in the next few years…an entire day spent!!! Harry Potter films run roughly 19 hours and the Lord of the Rings with the extended versions can easily take an entire day!!!

#4: TV Marathons With my TV shows being released on DVD or entire seasons on Netflix, it’s easy to sit back and watch your favorite show non-stop. My favorite shows to watch are NCIS, Gilmore Girls, The Big Bang Theory, Friends (can’t forget Friends!) and so many others.


#3: Board Games with the family Now that my daughter is old enough to play board games, my husband and I will sit down and play for a couple hours or more. My daughter really loves Monopoly right now. And yes, we have the adult version which she has picked up fairly easily. While she doesn’t understand the whole concept of the game, she enjoys moving her token around the board, buying property and collecting rents. She’ll change her token several times in the course of a game but she will sit and play and laugh as her dad is shocked when she wins!

#2: Writing Even though writing is sort of my job now, I see it as a way to past the time on lazy afternoons. I will write short stories, and catch up on future posts on my blog. I love to have weeks of posts ready to go.


And my #1 favorite way to spend a lazy afternoon….



#1: Reading Reading, of course!!! Curl up with a good book and lose hours in its pages. And it doesn’t have to be a new book. I’ve picked up old favorites and reread the fabulous stories.


With having a four year old, truly lazy afternoons don’t come often but when they do, these activities are my best way to spend the time. What are some of your favorite ways to spend a lazy afternoon? It really doesn’t matter what you do. As long as you enjoy it! So embrace those lazy afternoons! 


No comments:

Post a Comment