Saturday, July 23, 2016

Gramma Darling: memories of grandma

Gramma Darling by Lissa Schroeder is a beautiful story of nostalgia about grandmas. As seen through the eyes of a child, the memories that are created with gramma are treasured. The book is also beautifully illustrated by Doron Ben-Ami which brings the images to life with stunning realism. The adventures at Gramma’s house. The discovery as children exploring the rooms, finding treasures Time in the garden with the flowers and vegetables. Children helping pulling weeds and pull the wrong plants, opps! Watching the birds and wildlife around her house. And most importantly Gramma’s cooking and baking!


Gramma Darling is filled with the author’s memories of her own gramma. Reading her memories, reminded me of my own memories of my grandma and the adventures I had at her house. At the end of the book, the author included Gramma Darling’s Chocolaty Cherry Cake, which I will definitely try! I recommend Gramma Darling for its nostalgic feel and memories of wonderful grandmas.

Gramma Darling
is available at Barnes and Noble

and Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment