Thursday, September 8, 2016

Time and Regret: a granddaughter's mission to fulfill one last wish

Time and Regret by M.K. Tod is a story of one woman’s journey to follow in her beloved grandfather’s footsteps and discovers a terrible secret. A secret that she must rectify on his behalf. Grace is in the midst of a divorce. As her ex-husband removes his property from their home, she finds an old tackle box of her grandfather, Martin. Martin is a World War I veteran who left her his war diaries and a few mementos from his time in the European battlefield. In the box, she finds a mysterious note which simply says “I never should have taken them.” She decides to follow his movements through Europe in order to discover what this note meant. As Grace travels through France, she meets handsome Pierre Auffret, who joins her on her travels. She learns that someone is following her and believes that she has something of value. Will she be able to decipher his grandfather’s message? Will she be able to right the wrong her grandfather regretted until his death?


Time and Regret is a wonderful story filled with a great mystery which will leave the reader on the edge of his or her seat until the very end. This book held my attention, pulled me in from the very beginning and I was reluctant to put it down. I particularly liked the interjections of Martin’s war diaries as Grace visited the different battlefields. Reading the conditions and the events of the famous battles of World War I helped bring the war experiences alive in ways I’ve never read before. I highly recommend Time and Regret!

Time and Regret
Is available at major booksellers

In paperback, ebook and audiobook

No comments:

Post a Comment