Sunday, February 24, 2019

The Perfect Date: not so perfect


The Perfect Date by Evelyn Lozada is the story of a hard-working single mother who is used to challenges. As a pregnant teen who was abandoned by her son’s father and losing her mother soon after, Angel has learned to deal with everything with a small support system. Angel Gomez’s goal in life was to finish nursing school and provide for her 7-year-old son. Love is not in her plans. Caleb “The Duke” Lewis is a star pitcher for the Bronx Bolts whose escapades made him a common topic in gossip columns. As he is trying to get back into the game and keep a low profile socially that Angel doesn’t recognize him when they met twice in the same day. When Angel fails to fall for his usual charm, he decides she’s perfect.  She is the perfect woman for his plot to fool the tabloids into thinking he has changed his ways. But as the charade begins, it soon becomes apparent that something else could be there. Will they be able to play their part? Or will love find a way in?


The Perfect Date started strong for me. I loved Angel’s Puerto Rican sassiness and her commitment to her son and her school. Unfortunately, the book fell with each chapter. I found myself not caring about Duke and his issues. I found some of the language to be very harsh and abrasive at times. I kept telling myself that it was how some people talked but it irritated me. I don’t allow people to talk like that around me in real life so why am I reading it. I really wanted to love The Perfect Date as I love romance novels, but I didn’t even like it. I do not recommend The Perfect Date.

The Perfect Date
will be available in paperback and eBook
on June 11, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment