Wednesday, December 28, 2022

My top 5 favorite books from 2022

The end of the year is here! I usually do a post recapping my year. Well, this year was filled with fun activities and events. But it was also a year filled with books. I decided to look back on the books of 2022. I read many books across multiple genres and had some that have stuck in my mind long after I closed the final chapter. Some books were good. Some were great and some not so great. I chose my top 5 favorites. It was hard to choose five but here they are, in no particular order.


1. Firekeeper’s Daughter
by Angeline Boulley

This young adult novel is a story about a young woman torn between two worlds, two cultures and where she fits in. Daunis Fontaine is feisty and ready to fight for herself and those she loves. It is a book to be read slowly as the author presents complex issues with honesty and without blaming one side or the other. As I mentioned before, it is a young adult novel; however, all readers, young and old, will enjoy and benefit from reading this amazing story. I highly recommend Firekeeper’s Daughter

Firekeeper’s Daughter is available in hardcover, paperback, eBook and audiobook


  1. The Bodyguard by Katherine Center

Katherine Center is always good for a great story. This romantic comedy is a laugh out loud funny, witty and snarky conversation between Hannah, the unconventional bodyguard, and Jack, her superstar client. It is a heartfelt story with emotions, struggles and laughter. I enjoyed Hannah and Jack as individuals with their relatable struggles as well as together as a couple. I closed the book with a sigh of happiness and contentment. The Bodyguard is the first book in a long time that made me laugh, cry and cheer. Highly recommended! 

The Bodyguard is available in hardcover, eBook and audiobook


  1. A Limited Run by Karen McQuestion

Recreating a beloved tv show for two million dollars sounds easy peasy, right? There is more to the billionaire’s request than just to recreate this beloved show. This story was gripping and compelling from beginning to end with twists and turns that keeps you guessing about the true motives behind the request. It is filled with suspense and intrigue without being frightening. It is a book that is hard to pin down to a genre. A Limited Run is part psychological thriller, part spy like intrigue and part human interest kind of story. 

A Limited Run is available in hardcover, eBook, and audiobook


  1. Did Not Finish by Nicola Marsh

This romantic comedy has it all. It is funny, romantic and oh-so-steamy! I laughed. I grinned. I sighed the way only romance stories make one sigh. I could not put this book down! I enjoyed both Mia and Axel as they start as enemies and when a sudden snowstorm keeps them together, they can’t deny the sparks between them. I even enjoyed the silent but present Mr Darcy, a grumpy cat that will melt your heart. Did Not Finish is a great romantic comedy that will leave you wanting more! 

Did Not Finish is available in paperback, eBook, and audiobook


  1. A Time-Travel Christmas by Karen McQuestion

A Time-Travel Christmas is a beautifully heartwarming novella filled with miracles and Christmas magic. It will give all the warm and fuzzy feelings for Christmas spirit and belief in the impossible. The time travel aspect wasn’t overly complicated, just a touch of Christmas magic. I loved all the characters with their strength, their feistiness and their cool head in the midst of a troubling situation. The little twist at the end adds to the miracle magic of the story. Fast-paced and engrossing, I turned the last page with a smile. 

A Time-Travel Christmas is available in paperback and eBook


There are many, many great books out there! These are just a few of my favorites from 2022. My reading list for 2023 is already full. Can you believe it? You’re probably thinking, “yes, yes I can!” I can’t wait to dive into the books on next year’s reading list and hoping to find more great reads to share with you. As always, thank you for taking the time to read my posts and learn about these wonderful reads this year. I hope you all have a great New Year’s and here's to great reads for 2023! 


No comments:

Post a Comment