Saturday, January 7, 2023

My Husband's Daughter: when unexpected events alter one's life plans

My Husband’s Daughter by Emma Robinson is a story about how unexpected events can alter your life plans. On a cold Friday night, Rebecca and her husband, Jack, answer the door to a woman and a little girl. The woman is Cara, Jack’s ex-girlfriend and the little girl, his daughter. A daughter he didn’t know he had. They are shocked to learn Jack has a daughter as being parents is not a part of their plans. They like children but they also enjoy their ability to do whatever they wish at a moment’s notice. Cara comes to them in desperation. She has nowhere else to go. She has a secret, a secret she hasn’t told anyone. A secret with the power to change their lives forever. While Rebecca is suspicious of Cara’s motives, she can’t help but be drawn to the wide-eyed little girl. Will she be able to welcome Jack’s daughter into her home, her life and into her heart? 

My Husband’s Daughter is described as a heartbreaking, powerful, and emotional story about love, friendship and what it truly means to be a parent. As a woman who dreamed of having children of my own from a very young age and struggling with fertility issues, I can’t imagine life without my children. While I respect people’s decisions not to have children, it is hard to relate to them, especially those who look down at those with children. Rebecca is such a person. She was a character I wasn’t sure I would like because she had the attitude that most people who are childless by design have and it irks me greatly. However, as she gets to know the little girl, she is drawn to being a strong individual in her life. Overall, I enjoyed My Husband’s Daughter as an emotional story but not the tearjerker I was expecting, especially after Cara’s motives are revealed. I recommend My Husband’s Daughter


My Husband’s Daughter is available in paperback, eBook, and audiobook. 



No comments:

Post a Comment