Tuesday, January 14, 2020

A Letter from America: a book I could not finish


A Letter from America by Geraldine O’Neil is the story of the Tracey family in Tullamore County, Ireland. Oldest daughter, Fiona, is ready to make the leap and move to America for work. She would be leaving behind her parents, Sean and Nancy, and her sisters, Angela and Bridget. Everything is set until tragedy strikes and Fiona must put her plans on hold. As family drama brews, Fiona must make a final decision. Does she stay in Ireland and help her family? Or does she follow her dreams and pursue a life in America?


Unfortunately, I could not finish Letter from America. I just didn’t care about the characters, their conflicts or any resolutions that may come. I was almost 50% into the book and not much had happened, and the characters seemed to be stuck with no willingness to change. I do not recommend Letter from America.

Letter from America
is available in paperback and eBook

No comments:

Post a Comment