Sunday, May 3, 2020

When I Meet You: a great new title in the Tree of Life series


When I Meet You is the third book in Olivia Newport’s Tree of Life series. Genealogist Jillian Parisi-Duffy is presented with the mystery of a trunk left at Denver’s Union Station over a hundred ago. Driven to the point of obsession, Jillian is determined to find out what happened to its owner, Lynnelle Bendeure. Did she meet with foul play? Why did she seemingly disappear? At the same time, Jillian is confronted with a trunk her late mother left behind for her, filled with her own maternal family history. Will she have the courage to look further into her mother’s family as they left Sicily and came to America? As a genealogist, she knows there may be something in her family’s history she may not like but as her mother’s daughter, will she be able to dig deeper?


I am thoroughly enjoying Ms. Newport’s Tree of Life series. Just as with the first two books, Lynnelle’s story connects with something or someone in the present. However, this time Jillian is confronted with the loss of her mother when she was a young girl and kept putting off looking into her mother’s trunk. Until the mystery of Lynnelle and her truck forced her finally open it. I also like how the connection between the past and present isn’t truly clear until the end. As a fan of genealogy and looking into my own family tree, I love seeing the connection of past and present. To learn about people who now are just names on a family tree. I look forward to future books in this series. I highly recommend When I Meet You as well as books 1 and 2, The Inn at Hidden Run and In the Cradle Lies.

When I Meet You
is available in paperback and eBook

The Inn at Hidden Run and In The Cradle Lies
are also available in paperback and eBook

No comments:

Post a Comment