Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Paws & Pastries: a sweet, heartwarming story of second chances

Paws and Pastries by Barbara Hinske is the first book in the Paws and Pastries series. Clara Conway has had it with her cheating husband! After discovering he never ended his affair, she packs up her belongings and starts driving. She doesn’t need him and the heartache. Her plan is to find a new city that is large enough to support a patisserie she has dreamed of opening. Her plan is derailed when she has car trouble in the small town of Pinewood. While the town is charming with friendly and welcoming residents, she feels the town's too small for her dream. As another delay keeps her in town, she grows fonder and fonder of her new friends and the town. Will she recognize that her fate can survive in the small town? Will she realize that fate has placed her where she needs to be? 

Paws and Pastries is a sweet, heartwarming story of second chances. I easily fell in love with Clara and the residents of Pinewood. Paws and Pastries is a flowing story that pulls the reader in from the opening line. I could have easily read it in one day if I had the time. It is the type of story that just draws you in. I love Clara’s strength to declare “I’m done” and walk away. I loved that her journey was fueled by the “he-done-me wrong” songs that played on the radio. I loved how the residents welcomed Clara with open arms. I look forward to the rest of the series as book 2, Sweets and Treats was released this year. I can’t wait to read more of Clara’s adventures and misadventures as she still must deal with her devious soon-to-be ex-husband. What tricks will he pull? I highly recommend Paws and Pastries


Paws and Pastries is available in paperback and eBook


2 comments:

  1. I'm delighted you enjoyed Paws & Pastries! Thank you for the lovely review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! Thank you for taking the time to comment. It has made my day!!!

      Delete