Thursday, October 12, 2023

My Paper Heart: one summer and a life changing decisions

My Paper Heart by Magan Vernon is the first book in the My Paper Heart series. Libby Gentry has done everything she was supposed to. Getting into her top choice sorority? Check. Dating a hot guy from the biggest fraternity? Check. However, it all goes wrong when she fails out of college and her parents force her to work for her great aunt in rural Louisiana. The tiny town of Elsbury has nothing for her and she stands out like a sore thumb until she meets Blaine Crabtree, the small town charmer. As the two grow closer, Libby is faced with a seemingly impossible choice. A new opportunity arises in Chicago, she must decide to wait for Blaine or move on. 

I really wanted to like this story. Right off the bat, Libby is unlikable, shallow and vain. She tried to use her past as justification for her current behaviors and I just don’t buy it. And Blaine? Oh Blaine! His introduction in the story is not in the greatest light. And his reputation around town isn’t the greatest either. At one point, someone tells Libby that he is a playboy and will “sleep with any woman under 30.” WHAT?!?!?! By the end of the story, I was over their antics and back and forth that I didn’t care if they had any growth at all. Overall, I did not enjoy this story and I do not recommend My Paper Heart


My Paper Heart is available in paperback, eBook and audiobook


No comments:

Post a Comment