Monday, August 19, 2024

When Ashes Fall: one woman loves two men, which one will she choose?

When Ashes Fall by Marni Mann is the first book in the Moments in Boston series. It has been said that you can’t love two men at the same time. You can’t split your heart, soul and body. However, Alix Rayne is here to tell you that yes, you can. Two men hold her heart, soul and body. Two men who are polar opposites of each other. Dylan Cole is like ice. Sharp and unpredictable. Like cracking thunder in a fierce storm. Smith Reid is warm, soft and gentle. Like the perfect sunny day. One man is a pilot, the other a lawyer. One has the world at his feet and the other has struggled for his place in the world. Both men are hers but she can only have one. But she isn’t a cheater. There’s more to her story than meets the eye. Which man will she choose? 

I wasn’t sure what to expect with this book. A story about one woman, two men and it isn’t about cheating? Told in the present day from Alix and Smith’s perspectives and Dylan's POV in the past, readers are taken on an highly emotional journey with shocking reveals. While one aspect of the story, I had an inkling early on but the reason why I thought it left me shocked and in tears. I sobbed through the last few chapters. I loved Alix. She was determined to be strong and yet she hid a vulnerability. And her romances with Dylan and Smith were spicy, heartwarming and romantic. The story reminded me of a book (and a movie) but I won’t reveal, as it spoils the reveals for this book. I am looking forward to reading the other books in the series. I highly, highly recommend When Ashes Fall


When Ashes Fall is available in paperback, eBook and audiobook



No comments:

Post a Comment