Monday, October 14, 2024

Forever With You: a clean, sweet romance

Forever With You is the prequel novella to the San Diego Marines series by Jess Mastorakos. After being left at the altar, Sara comes home to San Diego to help run her parent’s bookstore. She has sworn off love but when she meets Sergeant Vince Moore, the handsome Marine recruiter, who works next door, her heart begins to soften. Vince had been struck by Sara from the moment they met, knowing she has been hurt, he is determined to show her that he is trustworthy and reliable. First, they must navigate the long hours and broken promises that come with the territory of a Marine recruiter. Can their new relationship survive the demands of the Marine Corps? Can Sara put her past hurts behind her and see Vince as the right man for her? 

I love books about the military. Whether it be historical, romance or general fiction, if it has a military man, I’m intrigued. I loved this quick, engaging read from Jess Mastorakos. It was a sweet, clean romance. I enjoyed Sara as she is battling heartbreak and just trying to live her life, convinced that she doesn’t need love. I loved Vince who is honorable and drawn to Sara. Their first meeting was funny and every encounter after is sweet and endearing. Even the few moments of misunderstanding were expected with the discussions and explanations afterward were realistic. I enjoyed the set up for future books. Overall, I enjoyed this story and I am looking forward to the rest of the series. If you enjoy clean romance with military men, I recommend Forever With You

Forever With You is available in paperback and eBook


No comments:

Post a Comment