Saturday, June 27, 2015

If you were me and lived in...China: book review

Another great addition to the If you were me and lived in…series is here! Now we get a glimpse into life in China.  We get a geography lesson about the area which makes of the country such as the rivers, desert and grassland areas. China was founded by the Qin Dynasty over two thousand years ago. We learn about the capital city, Beijing, as the center of political, cultural and educational center.  We learn the popular names for boys and girls and endearments for Mom and Dad. We visit the great sites of China such as the Great Wall and the Terracotta Warriors. We also learn about the regional food. Mandarin in the north, Cantonese in the south, and Szechuan in the southwest.  As well as holidays and festivals popular in Chinese culture.



I love this series. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. This series is a great and engaging way to introduce children to the various cultures around the world. I love that this book gives an interesting look into China. I highly recommend this book and the other titles in this series for any family and classroom.                                                                                                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment