Monday, February 3, 2020

From Sky to Sky: a new book in the Christian science fiction series


From Sky to Sky by Amanda G. Stevens is the second book on the No Less Days series. It is the story of Zac Wilson, a man who cannot die. He and others like him, known as longevites, received a mysterious serum to heal from serious illnesses and injuries and the result was the inability to age and eventually die. Zac soon meets another pair of longevities who are looking for their missing friends, fearing that something has happened to them. Zac helps them search and discovers that someone is killing longevites. Zac is confronted with his anxiety stemming from his longevity and his indifference to God. Will Zac finally listen to the whispers of God? Who is this person killing longevites? How does he find them? Can Zac and his friends find the person responsible before they hurt anyone else?


Marketed as Christian science fiction, I was intrigued when I saw this book, although I wasn’t aware it was the second book in a series. However, if there were references to the first book or knowledge I needed before reading this one, I couldn’t tell. It would still be an advantage to read them in order. Overall, I enjoyed the story. I was intrigued how Ms. Stevens was able to weave God and Scripture into a story that would normally not have any reference to God or religion. The story was slow build and when the individual is revealed to be behind the killings, it was a bit of a letdown. There was no real excitement. Nothing to really pull me in to keep me glued to the page. Maybe if I had read the first book it would be different. If you are a fan of the first book, you will probably enjoy the continuation of the series. If you are interested in the premise, I would recommend reading the first book, No Less Days, and then From Sky to Sky.

From Sky to Sky
is available in paperback and eBook

No comments:

Post a Comment