Saturday, February 1, 2020

Let Me Fall: the drama of high school can have a lasting effect


Let Me Fall by Lily Foster is the fifth book in the Let Me series. Each book stands alone and Let Me Fall is the story of Carolyn and Jeremy, secret admirers of each other since grade school and are reunited in their junior year of high school. Carolyn is the smart, nerdy girl who helps the struggling Jeremy pass his classes so he can play football. As the two draw closer, the drama and rumor mill runs wild around the school. Until one day, tragedy strikes, and Carolyn and Jeremy are torn apart and set on different plans they ever planned. Three years after high school, Carolyn and Jeremy start seeing each other around town and the old feelings are still there. Will they be able to move forward? Will the events of high school come back to haunt them?  Can the past be forgiven?


Let Me Fall is a young adult book and it is definitely geared toward that audience. The high school drama, the sexual exploits and the cattiness between the female characters feels like a teen drama show. It was a hard read. The action was slowly building with a lot of hints and rising excitement, only to be let down as the suspense is dragged on further. The sex scenes and the language were hard to get through; however, I feel it is probably accurate to the real interaction of teenagers. It was not my personal experience, but I do know it was the story of others. I loved Jeremy’s character. I sympathized with his struggles and his self-doubt as he viewed himself lower than his classmates. Carolyn was hit and miss for me. I cheered as she recovers from her ordeals than she does and says something that is so immature like geez, have you learned anything? Overall, I enjoyed the book. However, it is not a series I will be continuing. I do recommend Let Me Fall for teen and young adult audiences.

Let Me Fall
is available in paperback and eBook

No comments:

Post a Comment