Friday, April 17, 2020

The New Husband: a thrilling psychological roller coaster!


The New Husband by DJ Palmer is a psychological thriller which leads the reader on road of twists and turns as the story unravels to reveal the truth. Seventeen months prior, Nina Garrity’s husband, Glen, mysteriously disappeared while fishing. Presuming her husband to be dead, Nina has moved on. A new house and a new “husband.” Although she and Simon Fitch are married, they aren’t even engaged yet, they seemed to be on that path. While her 16-year-old son, Connor, welcomes the new relationship and the new changes, her 13-year-old daughter, Maggie, doesn’t. Still believing her father is alive, Maggie fights Simon’s intrusion at every turn and tries to get Nina to see what she sees but Nina just thinks Maggie is being a dramatic teenager. But soon things begin to happen that leads Nina to question everything she thought she knew about her husband’s disappearance and Simon’s past. What really happened to Glen? Was Simon involved? Will Nina find out the truth before it’s too late?


The New Husband is an exciting book which will keep you guessing. At first, I didn’t like the fact that the narrator would occasionally change as a new chapter begins; however, it soon became apparent why the author doesn’t give a warning. My suggestion is when you read the book, as a chapter opens, pay close attention to who is speaking. It is a very suspenseful and fast-moving book. Despite having 63 chapters, I was able to finish the book in a day. It held my attention that I did not want to put it down unless I absolutely had to! I didn’t care for Nina, first, because I felt she was moving on too quickly into a new relationship despite what she thought she knew about her husband’s disappearance. She should have waited a bit more before moving in with Simon. As I read, I wanted Nina to open her eyes and really listen to Maggie. I enjoyed Maggie’s side of the story more. Maggie was more than just a teenager who didn’t like the man who replaced her father in her mother’s life, he was a man she didn’t trust. I really enjoyed The New Husband and I recommend it to everyone who enjoys a thriller that will keep you guessing and on your toes until the end.

The New Husband
is available in hardcover, eBook and audiobook

No comments:

Post a Comment