Monday, August 17, 2020

The Heavens Before: beautiful descriptions but story lagged


The Heavens Before by Kacy Barnett-Gramckow is the first book in the Genesis Trilogy. In the days of the Great Flood, Annah is living a nightmare. Ostracized by her village and mistreated by her family, she finds herself alone and afraid until she sees a young man from across the river. Shem is captivated by Annah and when he finds out how bad her mistreatment is, he will risk everything to help her. Trusting the Most High, Annah marries Shem and joins her new family in their faith when everyone mocks the Most High. As the family prepares for the coming Flood, they are mocked, but they keep going, following their faith in the Most High to survive.


When I came across The Heavens Before, I was intrigued. Not many books have been written about the world before the Great Flood. The opening chapter was beautifully written as Ms. Barnett-Gramckow sets the scene. Unfortunately, the book dragged on and on as I waited for action. The names were exceedingly difficult to pronounce and there was a non-stop introduction of new characters that it soon became too overwhelming. I really wanted to enjoy this book, but I found myself not caring about the end. I will not be continuing the series. It was even hard to write up my synopsis of the story. I do not recommend The Heavens Before.

The Heavens Before
is available in paperback and eBook


No comments:

Post a Comment