Sunday, August 9, 2020

Traded Brody and Kara: a sweet, heartwarming romance


Traded: Brody and Kara is the first book in the Cliffside Bay series by Tess Thompson. Switching perspectives between Brody and Kara, the reader is taken on a journey of secrets, new beginnings, and love. Kara is starting over in the Witness Protection Program after she testifies against her father who was involved in organized crime. Fearing for her life, she heads west to a hidden gem north of San Francisco. The residents of Cliffside Bay do not like newcomers and the pretty young woman in town is immediately noticed. She quickly finds a job as a live-in nurse for Brody Mullen, the famous football quarterback, who needs someone to care for his injured mother and ailing housekeeper/surrogate mother. As the two are now in proximity, there is no denying the sparks that fly between them, that is to everyone around them except Kara and Brody. Kara is determined to stay hidden and a relationship with Brody would out of the question. Will their defenses fall? Will Kara open up, and tell Brody her dark secret?


Traded: Brody and Kara is a sweet and heartwarming secret. I laughed. I cried. I quickly fell in in love with Brody and Kara and their circle of friends. My heart warmed at the romantic moments. I love the camaraderie and banter between Brody and his friends known as the Dogs. The women who become Kara’s friends are interesting with their own secrets of love lost, lessons learned and paths that led them to the sleepy small town. I stayed up late into the night to finish this book, something I have not done in a long, long time. I just had to find out how their story ended. I knew they would end up together, but how, when and other questions. Overall, I really enjoyed Traded: Brody and Kara and I look forward to continue the series, which has 12 books. If you love sweet, small town romances, I recommend Traded: Brody and Kara. Maybe you too will be drawn into this wonderful story.

Traded: Brody and Kara
is available in paperback, eBook and audiobook

No comments:

Post a Comment