Thursday, January 6, 2022

Before I Called You Mine: an inspirational story about your heart's desire and God's plan

Before I Called You Mine by Nicole Deese is a story of love, family and finding your heart’s desire in the most unusual way. Lauren Bailey is a romantic at heart. But after a decade of failed matchmaking, she turns her attention to another match, the one that will make her a mother. As a dedicated first grade teacher, her love for children has led her on the path of international adoption. To satisfy the adoption agency’s requirements, she gladly remains single for the foreseeable future. However, as she awaits the life changing email, she is blinded by a complication she never thought about. Joshua Avery is a substitute teacher by day but his true passion is in educational technology. Lauren does her best to keep him at bay and deny their intense connection, but his relentless pursuit puts her once firm commitment at risk. As a possible match looms closer, she faces an impossible decision. She must choose between the two deepest desires of her heart. Does saying yes to one mean letting go of the other? Is there a way to have both? 

From the very beginning I was intrigued by the story. Although at one point, early in the book, I wasn’t sure if I liked where it was going but I pressed on. I am so glad I did! I stayed up late into the night finishing this wonderful story. It was a beautifully moving story. It had it all. Laughter, drama, tears of sadness and tears of joy. Ms. Deese deals with international adoptions and adoption in general with honesty and highlights the ups and downs of finding a forever home for these children. Although Lauren was a hard character to care for at times, I understood her doubts, her struggles and her capacity for love. My favorite character by far was Joshua. He was funny, understanding and supportive and while he made his own missteps, he wasn’t afraid to be vulnerable. I enjoyed the flirty banter between Lauren and Joshua. I especially enjoyed that the book put their text conversations in actual text bubbles. It was like actually reading their conversation over their shoulders. I highly recommend Before I Called You Mine


Before I Called You Mine is available in paperback, eBook, and audiobook. 


No comments:

Post a Comment