Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Falling for Murder: another adventure in Bobwhite Mountain!

Falling for Murder by Jamie Rutland Gillespie is the second book in the Bobwhite Mountain Cozy Mystery series. It’s early fall in Bobwhite Mountain, Tennessee and Landry Burke loves being a part of the little town. She has thrived with her inherited businesses and made great new friends. Her relationship with Adam grows into something more and she gets a surprise visit from an old friend. But soon, the peaceful atmosphere of the town is shattered when a local woman goes missing and later found dead. As the investigation gets under way, two more local girls go missing and everyone fears the worst. Can the murderer be found? Will the two missing girls be found before it’s too late? 

Falling for Murder is a fun follow-up to Inheriting Murder. My one complaint is the Ms. Millie character. While I understand she is supposed to be outspoken and outlandish, she was irritating as the story progressed. I commend Landry for her devotion to her friendship with Ms Millie as a way to honor her aunt. I was glad to see that Ms Millie has a piece of humble pie during the course of the story. Overall, I enjoyed the story. I enjoyed the mystery and its resolution. I am looking forward to the rest of the series. I even loved the inclusion of Landry’s recipes and will try a few. I recommend Falling for Murder


Falling for Murder is available in paperback and eBook



No comments:

Post a Comment