Saturday, November 26, 2022

Family Secrets: a story of family, loss, grief and learning to live again

Family Secrets is the first book in the Ellie McLellan Genealogy Mystery series by Beth Farrar. Widowed genealogist Ellie McLellan has spent the last four years carefully building a new and quiet life. After her husband and daughter were killed in an accident, she has desperately fought for her privacy from the hungry paparazzi. Her quiet life is shattered when she instinctively saves a young boy’s life and it’s caught on camera. Now the relentless Diane Cooper has found her and is determined to get her story. When Ellie discovers a family secret, a secret that could destroy the only family she has left, she uses her skills as a genealogist to track down the truth. A truth she may or may not want to truly discover. She would do anything to protect her family, even if it means it costs her her peaceful life. 

A little birdie told me about this great new book by debut author Beth Farrar. Intrigued by the premise and my love of genealogy, I eagerly bought the book. WOW! was the word that crossed my mind as I closed the book. From the opening pages, it was a hard book to put down. Ms. Farrar wrote a gripping story of family, loss, grief and finding the strength to live again. My heart broke for Ellie as her story is revealed. I truly hated Diane and her cutthroat tactics. I enjoyed the cast of characters who support and protect Ellie. The truth behind the family secret was great and intriguing. It left me smiling and crying at the great heartwarming moments. I eagerly wait for the second book in the series, Family Mistakes. If you love a deeply moving story, I highly recommend Family Secrets


Family Secrets is available in paperback and eBook


No comments:

Post a Comment