Monday, April 17, 2023

Girl in a Spin: a witty, quirky love story

Girl in a Spin by Clodagh Murphy is a story of a party girl who is in love with a political leader and needs the help of a spin doctor to become more respectable and presentable. Jenny Hannigan is a girl with a murky past. When she finds herself in the arms of Richard Allam, a political leader, she thinks she finally found love. However, she isn’t actually wife material for a potential Prime Minister. Enter Devlin “Dev” Tennant, the spin doctor, is hired to clean up her image. She follow’s Dev’s advice as she tries to fit into Richard’s world, impressing his stuffy colleagues and his disapproving friends and keeping the media at bay. With the election campaign gaining speed and her life spinning out of control, Jenny wonders if she has been looking for happily ever after in the wrong place. 

Girl in a Spin is my first book by Ms. Murphy and right from the start, she offers a witty, quirky love story with lots of laughs. Jenny was a hard character to like at first. She is a wounded soul who hides her pain behind a sarcastic and a “love ‘em and leave ‘em” attitude. I wasn’t sure why she was in a relationship with Richard. I definitely didn’t like Richard. I loved Dev. I enjoyed his initial meeting with Jenny at a wedding they both didn’t want to be at. Their flirtatious banter instantly clicked and was fun to read. I also enjoyed her roommates, Liam and Ollie, and the family-bond they created. Overall, I enjoyed the story. I wanted to see Jenny grow and mature. If you enjoy laugh, quirky chick-lit romance, I recommend Girl in a Spin


Girl in a Spin is available in paperback and eBook


No comments:

Post a Comment