Thursday, May 25, 2023

Instant Karma: strength, resilience and secrets

Instant Karma is the fifth book in Hart’s Ridge by Kay Bratt. Faire Tinsley is a long time resident of Hart’s Ridge. A sort of recluse, she realizes she needs extra income in order to keep her beloved home. She decides to take on a tenant. An easy arrangement quickly turns into a nightmare as her new tenant begins to act odd and erratic. Faire reluctantly turns to Deputy Taylor Gray who discovers this stranger is not who he says he is. Meanwhile, two men from Jo’s high school past come back into town. Jo convinces herself she doesn’t need or want a relationship. But their presence in town forces Jo to confront the past. Will Faire be able to recover her home from a sinister tenant? Will Jo hold on to her secret or will she be forced to reveal it?

WOW! was the one word I uttered as I turned the final page of Instant Karma.  The Hart’s Ridge series keeps getting better and better. Instant Karma is a great addition to the series. The themes of strength and resilience run throughout the story. The situation with Faire and her tenant kept me on my seat. I enjoyed seeing Della Ray again and her unwavering support for Faire. Jo has kept the identity of Levi’s father a secret. Some in town have their speculation but she has been able to stay mum. When she reveals her secret to one particular person, it was a shocker to say the least. It was not a reveal I was expecting! Taylor is also hiding a secret which I hope that story comes to fruition in a future story. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed Instant Karma and I can’t wait to finish out this series! I highly recommend Instant Karma


Hart’s Ridge is available now in paperback and in eBook on May 26


Books 1-4 are currently available in paperback and eBook


No comments:

Post a Comment