Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Not Today, Cupid: fun, witty romantic love story

Not Today, Cupid by Jennifer Bonds is the second book in The Harts series. Scarlett Evans works as the executive assistant to Miles Hart while in grad school for a Master’s degree in industrial organizational psychology. She also admires Nick Hart, the sexy CEO, from afar. While Nick is sexy, the man doesn’t smile and has gained the nickname of Hartless. He runs a tight ship and doesn’t seem to care that the employees are miserable. After his brothers bet him to implement a suggestion from the company’s suggestion box. Scarlett is recruited to help Nick plan a Valentine’s Day Social to celebrate the release of the company’s newest venture and to hopefully boost morale. As they work together, Nick’s icy exterior begins to melt and Scarlett feels emboldened to speak up in areas she tends to keep quiet. Soon a spark ignites a fire that they cannot ignore. 

While I had not read the first book in the series, Not Today, Cupid was enjoyable. So enjoyable that I want to go back and read the first book before the third book is released. It was not quite the laugh-out-loud story as described; however, I definitely grinned and chuckled as Nick and Scarlett’s relationship went from cool indifference to passionate fervor. I could not put it down and read well into the night which I haven’t done in a long time. There are some spicy love scenes and tender moments between them. I enjoyed Scarlett’s witty comebacks especially when dealing with Nick. I loved that there was a heart and caring spirit hidden deep behind Nick’s grumpy exterior. I thoroughly enjoyed Not Today, Cupid. I will definitely read the rest of the series. If you enjoy grumpy/sunshine, forced proximity romance, I highly recommend Not Today, Cupid


Not Today, Cupid is available in eBook and audiobook


No comments:

Post a Comment