Sunday, July 16, 2023

Starring Adele Astaire: the glitz, the glamour and a life behind the scenes

Starring Adele Astaire by Eliza Knight is a story of glitz, glam and a rags to riches story. Adele Astaire was a glamorous star, dancing with her brother, Fred, with fans from New York to London. While she hobnobs with royalty and the celebrities of the day, she truly dreams of a loving husband and children. When she meets Lord Charles Cavendish, her dream may come true but is she ready to pay the cost? Violet Wood is a determined young dancer who dreamed of the London stage. Her dream comes true when she befriends Adele, becoming a star herself, she soon realizes that the road to fame is never easy. Adele and Violet, two women with unquenchable spirit, their lives intertwined as they witness the world around them change, they must ask if fame is really worth it? 

Starring Adele Astaire takes readers from the fast-paced world of the roaring 20s, from New York to London and beyond to the horrors and sacrifice of wartime. While I was more familiar with Fred Astaire and did not know he had a sister, I was intrigued by this fictionalized account of her story. I enjoyed the look into the theater life at the time. I enjoyed seeing the historical figures which Adele would have interacted with and her life away from the stage. Adele’s life is contrasted with Violet’s as Violet tries to find her way into the theater world and leave her old life behind. Overall, I enjoyed Starring Adele Astaire. Throughout my time reading, I would stop and google Adele and Fred, amazed that I never knew about Adele and enjoyed learning about her. I recommend Starring Adele Astaire.  


Starring Adele Astaire is available in paperback, eBook, and audiobook


No comments:

Post a Comment