Thursday, July 6, 2023

The Seat Beside Me: one simple event can change your life forever

The Seat Beside Me by Nancy Moser is the first book in The Steadfast series. There’s a lot of activity at an airport. The comings and goings. The hellos and goodbyes. But for one flight it will be life altering. For Flight 1382, the weather has been a problem with delays after delays. Seating next to a stranger or not, with small talk and snacks. It seems like just another flight. However, there are significant connections made and ten lives are linked together forever. The unthinkable happens. Someone becomes a hero while someone becomes a villain. In the aftermath, priorities are reevaluated and questions about their lives are asked. How do they find a way to move on with their lives? When presented the opportunity to be a hero, would you recognize it? Would you take it? 

This book took me completely by surprise! I did not expect the emotional rollercoaster ride through many points of the story. Inspired by a real event, it is a story of how in the midst of an everyday event, a stranger can impact your life or how you can impact a stranger’s life in significant and insignificant ways but an impact all the same. I openly sobbed throughout this story and I usually don’t cry while reading. So be prepared and bring the tissues. The Seat Beside Me definitely had me thinking about my everyday interactions with people and how the little things could change people’s lives and how my life could be changed. I look forward to reading the rest of the series. I highly, highly recommend The Seat Beside Me


The Seat Beside Me is available in paperback and eBook




No comments:

Post a Comment