Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Princess and the Player: a steamy strangers to lovers romance

Princess and the Player by Ilsa Madden-Mills is the second book in the Strangers in Love series. A masquerade ball at an exclusive club where anonymity is a must. Tuck Avery, an aging wide receiver in the NFL, celebrates his 35th birthday with his friends at Decadence, the premier club in New York. Even though he doesn’t want to be there, one particular princess catches his eye. Francesca is there to forget. Forget that that night was supposed to be her wedding day. Forget that her fiancĂ© cheated on her. She just wants to forget. With no names, no faces, they have one amazing night together, with the promise that’s all they will have. But fate has other ideas. Francesca learns that her prince is the wealthy football player that lives in the penthouse of her building. If the tabloids are to be believed, she wants nothing to do with him. Unfortunately, she has one problem: she learns she is pregnant. As their paths keep crossing and their attraction to each is obvious, can the princess and the player have a happily ever after? 

Where do I start? Princess and the Player is a steamy strangers to lovers romance. As I closed the final chapter of this story, I was unsure how I felt. I enjoyed the story but I found myself extremely frustrated at the stubborn bullheadedness of Tuck and Francesca. At one point, Francesca gets upset that Tuck had her investigated DESPITE knowing his past. Any one in his position and wealth would investigate people they are trying to get close to. It sucks; however, I understand it is in order to protect himself, not just financially but psychologically as well. Tuck is a tortured person with a trauma filled past. And yet, I felt as if Francesca was constantly trying to claim her past was far more tragic. While both pasts were traumatic, this isn’t a competition. Plus there are some timeline issues that I’m sure were for dramatic effect but it didn’t work for me. That being said, I truly did enjoy this story and I look forward to reading more in this series. If you enjoy a steamy romance, you will enjoy Princess and the Player


Princess and the Player is available in paperback, eBook and audiobook




No comments:

Post a Comment