Friday, September 8, 2023

Steal My Heart: can a friend with benefits become Mr Right?

Steal My Heart by Savannah Kade is the first book in the Against All Odds series. Cara Larkin has waited patiently for Mr. Right. She has a checklist of the qualities she is looking for in a partner. Everything else in her life is on track. She’s about to make partner in her firm, she owns her condo and she has the bestest friends. All she needs is Mr Right. While she waits for Mr Right, she has Mr Right Now. Cara has the perfect friends with benefits arrangement with Walker Booth, who has proven to be the best lover she has ever had. Then she meets Clark Fuller, Mr Right. He has everything she needs. While Clark marks off a lot of the items from her checklist, she still feels something is missing. A twist of fate will show Cara that there’s more to Walker than meets the eye. 

Steal My Heart is a friends to lovers story that claims to “steal your heart, then your sleep. And lastly leave you ready for book two.” At first, I found the beginning to be slow. I wasn’t sure I cared for Cara. I could easily see that Clark was not the one for her and Walker was the better catch. However, having finished one book and not ready for sleep, I picked up Steal My Heart again, hoping it would relax me to sleep. Nope! The story hooked me and I read well into the night. There were many steamy moments. There were touching emotional moments. And moments I wanted to shake sense in Cara to open her eyes and truly see Walker! As I closed the pages on Steal My Heart, I was certainly ready for book 2. This story did not disappoint. I highly recommend Steal My Heart




Steal My Heart is available in eBook


No comments:

Post a Comment