Sunday, May 5, 2024

Love Blooms: a small town romance

Love Blooms by Jennifer Faye is the first book in the Bell Family of Bluestar Island series. New York firefighter Ethan Walker was injured on the job. As he prepares to return to work, he gets an urgent call that sends him to Bluestar Island. Hannah Bell has grown up on Bluestar Island and has finally achieved her dream of opening up her own bakery. But her dreams come crashing down when a water pipe breaks and destroys the building. With the island’s sea breeze and warm sunshine, Hannah and Ethan find themselves at turning points in their lives. Does Ethan go back to his job as a firefighter in New York? Will Hannah be able to fix her bakery and finally open it? As they also find themselves drawn to each other, can they find the perfect mix to make both of their dreams come true? 

Love Blooms is a sweet small town romance. It is a slow burn clean romance. I mean slow! I was bored after the first chapters. I did not care for the characters. I found Hannah to be immature and unreasonable. While I understand that she is upset at the destruction of her bakery and the set back in its opening; however, I found her reactions to certain situations a little over the top. Ethan was a decent character. There were the standard quirky small town characters. Some were fun and enjoyable while others were cringy and annoying. Overall, it was a decent story but I closed the book feeling underwhelmed. I most likely will not continue the series. While I did not enjoy the story, I know there are readers who probably would. If you enjoy small town romance, I recommend giving  Love Blooms a try. 


Love Blooms is available in paperback and eBook


No comments:

Post a Comment