Thursday, September 26, 2024

The Chosen: the book companion for the critically acclaimed television series.

The Chosen: I Have Called You by Name by Jerry B Jenkins is the first book in The Chosen series.  Based on the acclaimed and widely popular series, The Chosen: I Have Called You by Name features the stories of the men and women before and after their encounters with Jesus in the early days of his ministry. From the fishermen, Simon Peter and Andrew, to the demon possessed Mary of Magdala, to Nicodemus, the Pharisee and member of the Sanhedrin, to Matthew, the tax-collector. Ordinary people, with everyday struggles and concerns, who will be radically changed with a simple encounter. The Chosen: I Have Called You by Name covers the first season of the series, The Chosen, which is currently in its fourth season. 

I won a copy of the book through another Christian author; however, I reluctantly put it aside. I waited for the right time and mindset. Recently, I picked it up. While the chapters are short, the language simplistic, The Chosen brought a side of these individuals’ stories that believers probably never really think about, especially just how hated Matthew really was as a tax collector. I was able to finish this book in one day. It was engaging and easy to follow. I was, then, more inclined to give the series a try. Overall, I enjoyed The Chosen. It is a great place to start, if you want to know Jesus’s life and ministry. Hopefully bringing more and more people to the gospels and belief in Jesus. 



The Chosen: I Have Called You By Name

 is available in hardcover, paperback and eBook


The series, The Chosen, can be viewed on various streaming platforms


No comments:

Post a Comment