Sunday, July 26, 2026

Edgewood: the first book in a young adult sci fi action adventure series

Edgewood is the first book in the Edgewood series by Karen McQuestion. Russ Becker has found the late night walks along the quiet streets of his small town as an escape. One night it all changed as he witnessed a strange astronomical event in the sky. He soon discovers that he has gained extraordinary powers and he wasn’t the only one. He soon meets Mallory, a young girl with the power to control minds. Jameson can move objects with his thoughts and Nadia has developed empathic abilities. He learns that they have more in common than just their new abilities. As they are learning about their new abilities, they also learn there is a ruthless organization that wants to exploit their powers. As the enemy closes in and threatens Russ’s family, Russ and his new friends join forces and fight back. 

I am more familiar with Karen McQuestion’s contemporary fiction book and she is one of my go-to authors. The Edgewood series has always been on my radar to read. Edgewood is the first book in an action-packed sci-fi young adult novel. It does start off a bit slow, as most sci-fi stories do in my opinion, however, the story picks up and I was on the edge of my seat. I was Intrigued with Russ as a young man who suffers from insomnia. A series of strange events leads him to a small group of other extraordinary teenagers. As the story reveals hidden agendas and secret organizations, I had a few questions and suspicions that the story does not answer. However, overall, I enjoyed this story and I look forward to reading the rest of the series. I highly recommend Edgewood

Edgewood is available in paperback, eBook and audiobook


No comments:

Post a Comment