Saturday, May 15, 2021

Favorite: a haunting story

Favorite by Karen McQuestion is a thriller young adult novel in which no one and nothing is what it seems. On her 11th birthday, 16-year-old Angie Favorite’s mother disappeared without a trace. Five years later, Angie is abducted from a mall parking lot. She narrowly escapes and her attacker is arrested but takes his life in jail before he can answer for his crime. When Lillian, the attacker’s mother, contacts Angie, begging forgiveness on her son’s behalf and offers any help Angie may need. She agrees to meet Lillian. When she arrives at the woman’s massive estate, she can’t help feeling uneasy and unable to shake the feelings of foreboding. Something is not right and despite her urges and warnings, no one is listening to Angie. Can she finally figure out what’s wrong before it’s too late?

Favorite was an easy read, fast paced as the reader is taken on a journey with many twists and turns. I was able to finish the story in one day as I could not put it down. Every time I tried to find a good stopping point, something would happen to fuel my interest to find out what happens. I did not see the ending coming! There were hits and misses with the characters. I enjoyed Angie who acted and behaved as someone who has been through a traumatic event. Her family, despite being concerned for her when she was in the hospital, seemed to focus on their own desires as Angie raises her concerns. While I enjoyed the book, I feel the target audience of young adults may enjoy it more. I recommend Favorite


Favorite is available in paperback, eBook, and audiobook.

No comments:

Post a Comment