Saturday, June 12, 2021

The One You Can't Forget: a sexy, heartwarming romance

The One You Can’t Forget by Roni Loren is the second book in the The Ones Who Got Away series. Rebecca Lindt is known as a survivor. She is admired for surviving the Long Acre shooting but she feels like an imposter, undeserving to be one who got away when so many others died. As nothing can change the past, she throws herself into her work. Never slowing down to dwell on what she cannot change. Wes Garret is trying to get back on his feet. He lost his dream restaurant, his money and his mind after a vicious divorce. When he intervenes in a mugging and saves Rebecca, his life gets complicated. Rebecca was his ex-wife’s attorney. While he wants to hate her for her hand in his destruction, he can’t deny their attraction. When Rebecca’s secret is out at risk, they both discover that they need each other

I have been excited to read the rest of the series since I read book 1, The Ones Who Got Away. This book did not disappoint. Filled with love, romance, sexy flirty and heartbreaking moments, I cried, I laughed and I sighed. I rarely cry at books but this one had a scene which just broke my heart and I eagerly turned the page, hoping for a happy resolution. I loved Rebecca as a hard hitting divorce attorney who hid a deep secret. A secret that was eating her up. Wes was trying to rebuild his life after his ex-wife destroyed it. When a twist of fate, the two are brought together and the sparks fly. As romances go, we know Rebecca and Wes end up together, but how they get there is a great journey, I highly recommend The One You Can’t Forget


The One You Can’t Forget is available in paperback, eBook and audiobook. 


The Ones Who Got Away series

Book 1 The Ones Who Got Away

Book 2 The One You Can’t Forget


No comments:

Post a Comment