Sunday, December 19, 2021

Prince Not Quite Charming: can the city girl learn to be country?

Prince Not Quite Charming by Liz Talley is a novel in the Morning Glory series. The story picks up right after the events of book 2, Perfectly Charming. A city girl can survive…she hopes. Frances Genovese agrees to stay in Morning Glory after her brother’s wedding in order to finish the remodel of his new pizzeria. She may not know small town Mississippi but she does know the restaurant business. What she doesn’t bargain for is a country boy contractor naysaying her every decision. Clemson “Clem” Aiken III knows two things: what it means to be a country boy and the small town market. When he and Frances clash on ideas for the restaurant, he knows he needs to teach her a thing or two about country life. Frances reluctantly gives Clem three days to teach her country life and change her mind about the restaurant design. What can be so hard about fishing, frying chicken and line dancing? 

Prince Not Quite Charming had me laughing and smiling from the opening chapter. There were many laugh out loud moments and moments that left huge smiles on my smile. Frances, the hard nosed Italian New Yorker, spends a few weeks with Clem, But there’s more to the country boy Clem than meets the eye and as the two spend time together, the attraction is obvious from the start. I loved the flirty banter between the two especially from Clem, reminds me of my husband and I. There were sweet moments of heart-to-heart talks between the two. One of my favorite moments is when Frances and Clem were frying chicken with Ida Mae Robinson and Frances made a comment about being a woman and doing things on her own. To which Ida Mae replies, “Well, baby, I can do it too but why would I want to?” I highly recommend Prince Not Quite Charming. Opposites certainly attract in this fun novella. 


Prince Not Quite Charming is available in eBook and audiobook. 


No comments:

Post a Comment