Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Wish Upon A Christmas Star: filled with love, community and Christmas magic

 Wish Upon A Christmas Star by Karen McQuestion is a Christmas novella about the love, hope and magic of the Christmas season. When Gwen Hayward moves to the small town of Poplar Creek, it’s not quite the move she was expecting. Still reeling from an unexpected divorce from her husband of 32 years, she moves to the town that was supposed to be their retirement home. She has been wallowing in misery that she barely knows the town, let alone her neighbors. On a whim, one afternoon, she enters the local bookstore where she spots a little girl leaving an anonymous wish on the store’s Christmas tree. Moved by the selflessness of the wish, Gwen is compelled to fulfill it. But she must find the girl first. Gwen begins by asking around town and eventually enlists the help of local business owner, Ben “Lucky” Gallagher. With holiday magic in the air, perhaps more than one Christmas wish could come true. 

Karen McQuestion is one of my favorite go-to authors. Her stories never disappoint to educate, entertain and uplift your spirits with inspirational characters who will warm your heart. Wish Upon A Christmas Star made me cry which most books cannot do. I loved the sense of community about the neighbors and the steadfast belief of the little girl that her wish would come true. She refused to let anything damper her belief that Santa would come through for her. I also loved and identified with her mother’s desire for her to keep a realistic approach to wishes. I loved the budding relationship between Gwen and Lucky and wished they would end up together. I usually don’t read Christmas based stories but I am so glad I read this one. It lifted my spirits when I was feeling down and gave all the warm fuzzies that you would expect from a Christmas story. I highly recommend Wish Upon A Christmas Star


Wish Upon A Christmas Star is available in paperback and eBook. 


No comments:

Post a Comment