Friday, July 29, 2022

A Woman of Fortune: one woman's journey from the ashes to the life she always wanted

A Woman of Fortune is the first book in the Texas Gold series by Kellie Coates Gilbert. Texas socialite Claire Massey was on top of the world, living the dream. Designer clothes, luxury cars, stunning homes and a life most people would envy. There was very little room for complaints in her book. Until it comes crashing down when Tuck, her charming, savvy cattle broker husband, is arrested for fraud and other charges. She suddenly finds herself facing lawyers, the media, and a trail of angry people with broken hearts and broken dreams. Feeling betrayed, humiliated and devastated, Claire must find a way to rise from the ashes and create a new life, a life she didn’t know she truly wanted, and pursue a dream she didn’t know she had. 

A Woman of Fortune is an emotional roller coaster for Claire as she goes from the envy of Texas society to vilified and mocked from the very people she thought were friends. The reactions, responses and personal crises and turmoil are very realistic. However, the story left me conflicted. Would I respond like Claire did if my husband had done what Tuck did? Would I stay by my man if he lied, cheated and essentially stole from hard working people? Would I trust him again? I loved that she finds herself strength and fights for what she wants despite the “image” that she has been raised to portray. And the constant mentions of food made it hard to read because it was making me hungry! The mention of BBQ brisket alone made my mouth water! Overall, I enjoyed the story and look forward to reading the rest of the series. I recommend a Woman of Fortune


A Woman of Fortune is available in paperback and eBook. 





No comments:

Post a Comment