Sunday, July 17, 2022

The Bodyguard: hilarious rom-com with heart and soul

The Bodyguard by Katherine Center is a rom-com story of reversed roles, family secrets and finding love. Hannah Brooks doesn’t look like your typical bodyguard. At 5 foot 3, she easily looks more like a lovable kindergarten teacher than somebody who could body slam someone to the ground. But she can. She is an Executive Protection Agent, aka a bodyguard. She’s put in charge of the protection detail for Jack Stapleton, a superstar actor with a strange stalker. Jack is a household name despite being out of the spotlight for a few years. He is forced home to his family’s Texas ranch when his mom gets sick. However, he doesn’t want his family to know about the stalker or his protection detail. So to explain Hannah’s presence? She’s his girlfriend. No one thinks it’s believable, especially Hannah. But she goes along with it, telling herself it’s just another job. However, the more she spends time with Jack and his family, the more she wants it to be real. What could possibly go wrong? 

What a story! I love Katherine Center! She writes heartfelt stories with feelings, struggles and plenty of humor. The Bodyguard delivers on all fronts! I laughed. I cried. I grinned ear to ear! The story kept me on my toes with twists and turns that kept me guessing. Even the epilogue at the end had a few twists of its own. I related to Hannah quite a bit. She was an ordinary woman with no remarkable beauty, easily faded into the background. A plus for her job, not so much for her personal life. Until the right man comes along and shows her that she’s more than just ordinary. Jack was also a great character. The handsome superstar who has a downhome soul. I enjoyed the supporting characters as well, even the jerks we love to hate and cheer when they get their comeuppance. Overall, I highly enjoyed The Bodyguard. It’s the first book in the longest time that made me laugh, cry, and grin. I highly recommend The Bodyguard


The Bodyguard is available July 19, 2022 in hardcover, eBook, and audiobook


No comments:

Post a Comment