Tuesday, July 5, 2022

The True Love Bookshop: enemies to friends to something more?

The True Love Bookshop is the third book in the Somerset Lake series by Annie Rains. Tess Lane owning Lakeside Books has been a dream come true. She hosts a weekly book club there that has been her lifeline since her husband, Jared's sudden death three years ago. She’s ready to start a new chapter in her life, to finally move on until River Harrison shows up at the store. All her lingering unanswered questions come back. River is a former Marine turned private investigator. He is a reminder of everything she has lost. She tries to ignore him, but she soon realizes River is the key to finally getting the answers she needs. Together, they embark on a journey of discovery. Is she really ready for the answers she’s looking for? Once she knows, there’s no going back. Despite her misgivings, she forges forward and even finds joy and laughter in her life again. Can Tess find the strength to forgive, let go of the past and find love again? 

Annie Rains is a new author to me and I love the cover of this book that I picked it up. I didn’t realize that it is the third in the series and worried that it would affect my understanding. There were references to the previous two books, it didn’t overwhelm this story or my enjoyment. From the beginning, I felt for Tess and her struggles to move forward from her husband’s death. When River stumbles into her bookstore, she can’t quite be heartless and refuse his pleas for help. I enjoyed the chemistry and history between Tess and River. I also enjoyed that their story wasn’t a typical, formulaic romance. There were real issues that were discussed but didn’t magically disappear as their relationship grew from enemies to friends to maybe more? I even enjoyed the supporting cast. Overall, I truly enjoyed The True Love Bookshop and look forward to going back to the first two books and reading any future books in the series. I recommend The True Love Bookshop


The True Love Bookshop is available in paperback and eBook


No comments:

Post a Comment