Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Fine Tuned: a single mom, a football and a fake dating deal

Fine Tuned by Annmarie Boyle is a Storyhill Musicians novella. Single mom Jessica McWilliams has spent her life uncertain until now. She has devised a plan to secure a future for herself and her son. First, she will finish her degree and two, prove to her boss that she is ready to be promoted to her dream job. Nashville Knights star football player Mick Lanuola lives by a simple rule: if it’s worth doing, do it well. When a chance meeting between Jessica and Mick leads to a viral photo, they agree to a strange proposition: fake date for several weeks and they can get closer to their goals. As they begin the dinner dates and charity events, soon their fake flirty moments turn very real. 

Fine Tuned is my introduction to the author and her series, the Storyhill Musicians. I like fake dating romances and the main hero is a football star. Sounds right up my alley. Unfortunately, from the start, I did not care for Jessica. She is annoying and abrasive. She constantly berates herself for her past, despite all she had accomplished so far. Mick was a sweetheart and I enjoyed his character. I also enjoyed Jessica’s sister, Amy-Lynn who has her own full length story in the series. Overall, I did not enjoy Fine Tuned; however, I am intrigued by the series. I will check them out in the future. If you enjoy fake dating with sports athletes, you may enjoy Fine Tuned


Fine Tuned is available in paperback and eBook



No comments:

Post a Comment