Friday, April 19, 2024

Never Lie: a domestic psychological thriller with unreliable narrators

Never Lie by Freida McFadden is a domestic psychological thriller with twists and turns. Tricia and Ethan are newlyweds who are searching for their dream house. They come to the remote manor that once belonged to Dr. Adrienne Hale, a renowned psychiatrist who disappeared without a trace. When they are forced to stay at the estate when a sudden blizzard blocks the roads. In her search to pass the time, Tricia comes across a secret room filled with taped sessions of Dr Hale with her patients. Tricia learns the chain of events and a web of lies unravels which led to Dr Hale’s disappearance. As the blizzard rages outside, there are strange events happening inside. Are Tricia and Ethan alone in the house? Or is someone watching? 

I have seen Freida McFadden books everywhere online; however, I haven’t had the opportunity to read one before. Never Lie is my first book by Ms. McFadden. It was a fast paced, easy to read, engaging story. With narrators you aren’t sure you should trust, readers will pick up clues and watch as twists and turns of a rollercoaster until the final page. I closed the book with a sense of awe and amazed at the all around craziness that occurred on the page. Overall, I enjoyed the story. I wasn’t wowed by it but I enjoyed it. I will try other Ms McFadden’s books in the future. If you enjoy fast paced psychological thrillers, I recommend Never Lie


Never Lie is available in paperback, eBook and audiobook


No comments:

Post a Comment