Sunday, April 7, 2024

Wildfire: a passionate one night stand to a summer romance to a happily ever after?

Wildfire by Hannah Grace is the second book in the Maple Hills series. Russ Callaghan and Aurora Roberts cross paths at a Maple Hills party celebrating the end of the academic year. When a drinking game results in a passionate one-night stand, Aurora slips away before Russ has a chance to ask her full name. Both are shocked to learn that they are both counselors at a summer camp. The camp has a strict “no staff fraternizing” rule that has Russ determined to walk the straight and narrow while Aurora never truly cares for the rules. As they learn that they are both dealing with complicated family issues and hoping for a peaceful, fun summer, they are drawn together, further fanning the fire between them. Can they keep the fire of their passionate night under control or is it a fire that won’t be put out?

Wildfire is more than a spicy romance. It is more than a summer romance. It deals with deep family issues and finding the courage to stand up and say enough’s enough. I loved Russ and Aurora as individuals and as a couple. I loved that they found the strength to make changes inspired by each other. Add in fun banter and spicy moments and it is a great romance. I found the spice was a bit less than Icebreaker. There was more flirty build up than spicy scenes. I enjoyed seeing many of the characters from Icebreakers make the occasional appearance. Overall, I enjoyed Wildfire. I laughed. I sighed. I smiled. There are also humorous interactions between characters and heartwarming moments. I am looking forward to reading more books in the series. If you enjoy romance with fun banter and dramatic moments, I highly recommend Wildfire


Wildfire is available in paperback, eBook and audiobook


No comments:

Post a Comment