Thursday, October 8, 2026

The Apothecary Diaries Vol 5: Maomao's adventure continue as new threats lurk

The Apothecary Diaries Vol 5 by Natsu Hyuuga is a light novel based on the manga series of the same name. With the birth of Consort Gyokuyou’s son has elevated her to the status of Empress and Jinshi can no longer continue to pretend at the rear palace the political atmosphere has changed. Although life seems to be settling after the destruction of the Shi clan; however, new threats wait in the wings from a potential plague of insects to enemies from distant lands. And despite her best efforts, Maomao finds herself right in the middle. When Jinshi orders an expedition to Gyokuyou’s homeland, Maomao finds herself heading west. Something is lurking in the shadows of the glittering city and Maomao races against time to discover the truth before it is too late. 

As a fan of The Apothecary Diaries anime, I have been excited to read the light novels. So for my recent birthday, and the upcoming season 3, I received the fifth volume as a present. Season 3 will begin with the events of volume 5 and I immediately jumped and joined Maomao on her newest adventures. I enjoyed this story so much and I can’t wait to read the rest of the light novels as well as the newest seasons of the anime. There were moments that I literally dropped my jaw as Maomao reveals the how and why to the events, especially at the end and the clues and hints to certain relationships and future events. If you are a fan of The Apothecary Diaries, I highly recommend the light novels. 

The Apothecary Diaries Vol 5 is available in paperback and eBook


No comments:

Post a Comment